As we get into a season where holidays pile on, fall activities line the calendar and my focus can sometimes drift to worldly things, I want to take a few minutes to be thankful.
I’m thankful for:
– A MIL that loves her gbabies – I love that my MIL is able to spend three weeks with us this month to help with the boys while our nanny is away. Time with Grammy is so special and my kids just love her. I am so blessed to have a MIL who bends over backwards to help us out and does anything for her family.
– Growing in my faith – Lately God is challenging me to walk in faith and grow closer to Him. To trust Him, even when I cannot see the future. While it is hard to do, I am so thankful that deep down, I know He has my back.
– My relationship with my sister. I am so lucky to have a sister who gets me and makes me laugh and cooks excellent shared meals and let’s me know all about the local free kids activities!! I am reminded over and over how lucky I am that we are so close.
– Fall foods – (what would a thankful post be if I didn’t include at least one food item!) It makes me so happy to plan my new fall menu – spaghetti squash casserole and cheesy potato soup – yum!
– Decent knees – For the past few years, my knees have had terrible pain when I run, but since I’ve been consistently running for a few months, things have really gotten better and they are bothering me less and less. It is so frustrating to run with pain so this has been a huge answer to prayer.
What are some of the things you’re most thankful for?