If you’re like me, there are times when you forget to celebrate the small stuff. The little highs in your days and weeks that make them better. Sometimes I get so focused on the big things that I forget to love the little things that happen each day.
Today I am celebrating…
– a husband who has been extra helpful around the house lately. Dishes magically washed. I leave the house with dirty floors and come back to freshly mopped floors. With no prompting from me. This is my love language and I love it.
– getting into my running grove. I think I ran 7 out of the last 11 days. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Dean has even pushed me to get out there on a couple of the days that I was extra stressed or ‘fell out of the mood’ to go. Running has put me in my happy place lately.
– kids who have been sleeping so well this week. While they may be grouchy by the end of the day, I can celebrate that they are going down so quickly and easily. Brooks has been in bed by 7pm multiple times this week (usually he goes down around 7:45). I know they need the sleep and I love sneaking in and watching them sleep so peacefully for a few minutes each night.
– a little boy who is LOVING extra responsibility like showering and dressing himself each day. It gives me some hands-off time when wants to do it by himself.
– Landon practicing both patience and not-whining when he can’t get something done. It makes me happy to see him work hard on it.
– Brooks remembering to say the prayer (and starting it before we all even get to the table) at dinner time.
– extra money in our paychecks, which means funds for some of the house projects we’ve been holding off on.
– the snuggles and cuddles I get with my two boys sitting in my lap reading “Dinosaurs Love Underpants” each night at bedtime.
– all of the fun things we have planned for this weekend (garden, coloring eggs, possible home decorating)
– and a countdown to Easter – only a week away! I can’t wait to go to Elevation, hunt eggs, eat ham and hang out with family. It’s one of the best parts of Spring!