I’d like to share a recipe for making your adult kids happy:
– Without their knowledge, book a cute cabin in the mountains so they can get away for a kid-free weekend of relaxation.
– Schedule some free time and some suggested activities
– Give them some spending money to “force” them to enjoy themselves with some extra activities. 🙂
– Pack an entire cooler of food and beverages so that they literally don’t have to do a thing.
– Have their spouses pack their bags (and the kids’ bags).
– Have their husband call surprise them with 30 mins notice to get to a meeting spot on a Friday afternoon to be whisked away for a weekend of fun with the siblings and spouses.
– Take care of all 5 of your grandkids (aged 4, 4, 2, 2, 2) for two nights so your kiddo’s get some sibling and spouse time.
Last weekend, my sister, brother and I hit the road with our spouses for some awesome kid-free time. Some laughter. Shared stories. And new memories.
Yes, this is a recipe for a super awesome weekend to refresh and recharge.
Yes, my parents really are that great for surprising us with a fully planned weekend away!
Maybe I’ll even post some pics of our trip next week!