We’ve officially been in our house for one year! Yay!
There are so many great things about our place that make how we operate and our family life so much better and organized. The fact that we aren’t cramped for storage space and that we have an extra guest room and dedicated office space has also been so wonderful!
To mark this occasion, I’ll share the three things I love most and the three things I don’t like about our house.
1. Garage space. I absolutely LOVE that we can park both of our cars in the garage. No more scraping the windows for a little morning ice or driving with my head just below the wheel so I can peek out of a frosted winter windshield. Plus it’s always nice and comfy to get in the car, no cold seats!! Bonus is that we also have lots of extra garage space for storing tools, lawn stuff, bikes and more!
2. Our nook. We have a entry way with little built-in cubbies that I just love. It’s a great organizational area for our kids to keep their bookbags, some shoes, their school papers and more. I know that as our kids get older, it will be used even more (sports bag, school projects, etc.). I just LOVE having this extra storage space.
3. The playroom. In our old house, our living area was toy central. We kept boxes of toys on the stair landing and there were always millions of plastic pieces and stuffed creatures strewn across the place. Now we have a dedicated play area and it is amazing. We might get a truck or two downstairs, but generally, most of the toys stay upstairs in a big ol’ room that is perfect for making huge train tracks, playing a game of indoor basketball or snuggling in the kids tent. Such a fun space!
1. I really don’t love our sink. I know big whoop – a sink. And obviously not a reason to pass on a house, but I can’t stand double bowl sinks – which is what we have. I really want a big one bowl sink so that I can clean my pots and cookie sheets easily without all the water runoff over the counter! (I def think this will be a future upgrade for the kitchen!)
2. A different front door set up. Yes, I love that our front door has lots of glass panels that let light into our foyer, but when you are out there with all the windows, you can easily look inside and see our entire upstairs hallway. Not the best when I am running down it naked to the hall closet because I forgot to get a towel before my shower.
3. Our flooring. I love for one consistent flooring throughout the main level and we have two (used to have three but took care of that this weekend – bye bye office carpet!). Tile and a vinyl wood flooring that I don’t like. It’s a very light washed looking wood – and I’d much rather have a tan or cherry colored floor palette. Here is the color:
I also like just one type of flooring instead of the tile/wood combo that goes throughout the first floor, but the wood flooring product is super expensive so we won’t be adding anymore than just the office.
Again, nothing really major – definitely #firstworldproblems. There are a million things I love about the house and only a handful I don’t like.
So happy house-iversary! It took a while but I love that our house really feels like home now!