The last weeks of summer are hanging by a thread. We’re enjoying the long days and looser schedule. Lately, I’ve been thinking of the last things I want to do to make our summer complete:
- Go to a movie. The kids love doing special things like this and I don’t think we’ve hit a movie theater as a family in over a year. I’d like to spend the time getting in a fun movie on a rainy weekend afternoon.
- Evening swimming. This one is my husband’s idea. He’d like to take the kids to the pool for an hour or two right before it closes – when it’s starting to get dark out and the lights come on.
- Explore a fun park we haven’t visited before. There are so many great parks around Charlotte and we tend to go to the same ones over and over. This time, I want to find one that my kids love exploring.
- Feeding the ducks. I’ve done this once or twice with the kids and they loved it. It’s been a while and I’d like to take them to a nearby pond for a picnic lunch – both them and the ducks.
- One last ballgame. We did our first O’s game as a family earlier this summer. Dean and I have also hit the Knights games (local AAA team) with our neighbor friends this year. We have one more on our calendar before calling it a wrap on baseball season!
- Water balloon fight. We’ve had a few this year and the kids are the perfect age for it. We want to squeeze in at least 2 more before it starts getting too cold to soak each other with water missiles!
- Dinner outside. We tend to avoid this during the hottest months of the year, but there is something awesome about a little sweat on your back while enjoying a burger or cold watermelon. I want to do a few more dinners outside. Bonus if we invite friends or family over to enjoy these with us on the back patio.
- A little travel. A trip to Atlanta to see family, a visit to the beach, maybe the mountains for a day… I’d like to do 1-2 quick trips before we get into the full swing of things with fall.
- Treats! Of course, saving the best for last. Whether it’s gourmet donuts or fro yo piled with toppings, we’re gonna get at least one more fun treat day in with the kids.
Anyone else have a end of the summer bucket list they’re trying to work through?