Yesterday we hit a recap of 2016 goals and how I did. Some things were great and others could have used a little more work. Here’s what I want to do this year.
- Faith – Pray more. I’m pretty good at the meal prayers or the short, in the spur of the moment prayer, but I want to do a better job of the thoughtful prayer. The prayer where I sit by myself for 10 mins and thank God for all He’s done – specifically – and then come to Him with my requests. I used to get into some deep prayers in my personal time and I’ve really gotten away from it.
- Family – Dean family of 4 trip. No other family members or friends, just the four of us away somewhere for a few days. We also have a special beach weekend with just Brooks on our radar – his “I’m going to kindergarten soon” trip with just the three of us – mom-dad-Brooks. Also, I’d like to do at least 6 lunch dates with my kids this year – during their school day. I know that it won’t be too long before Landon doesn’t want me interrupting his lunches with his friends, so I’m going to get them in while I can. I also want to get back to helping my kids memorize scriptures. When they were younger, we really worked on this a lot and I’d like to get my kids back on track. I think 10 verses this year is a good goal.
- Marriage – I think if we did one date a month that would be a good goal. I’m sure 12 dates doesn’t seem like much but when we it takes work and neither of us are gung ho about planning dates or coordinating childcare, it’s a really good start. It would also be good to do a weekend away, or even a night. Maybe an impromptu last minute deal trip somewhere?!
- Financial – I haven’t put pencil to paper on this yet, but I’m sure I’ll come up with a few lofty goals for our family – savings for college, retirement, church tithing, saving, etc. I’ll also probably need a new car this year, so that applies!
- House – I always have a bunch of house goals. Here are my top ones: redo our master bathroom – for our functionality, we need a nice big shower and that’s pretty much the only thing our master bath is missing. So I want to redo it and make it a cozy and light colored set up. Set up our playroom/entertainment area. This means we need to do a toy detox! And set up our playroom into two separate spaces. I’d also like to do some smaller weekend projects like painting and hanging molding in our half bath and installing outdoor lighting.
- Health – More than 50% of the days this year, I’d like to exercise – even if it’s 50.0001% of the days 😉 (So, 183 is the goal!)
- Personal – I still think counseling should stay on my list for this year. This is something I need to be a better me. I’d also like to stay off social media more. I find that if I look at Facebook, I can get sucked in, but when I stay off of it, I don’t miss it. I don’t like what comparison does to me and since social media is always putting your highlights out there, I do better not looking at it.
So there you have it. My goals and plans for the year. I know some will be easier than others to achieve, but I like having things to “cross of a list” or strive for.