Funny how there are some things that “everyone” loves that you just can’t get on board with? Whether it’s a tv show or movie that everyone is raving about or a particular type of shoe. And it’s funny how hard the “adorers” push that product, like they’ll be able to convince you with their words that it really is funny/delicious/comfortable/etc.
Here are some of my unpopular opinions:
- Cheesecake is gross. Yes, I went there to start. I know many people claim cheesecake is the best dessert ever – in fact, it’s my husband’s dessert of choice! I can’t get on board. I feel like cream cheese needs to be incorporated into salty foods, not sweet.
- Goat cheese. I figure these kinda go together. The popular and trendy cheese tastes like moldy cream cheese to me. I can’t even “eat around it” just getting a little in my mouth makes me want to scrape my tongue off.
- Seinfeld. This show is terrible. It’s so annoying how they never get to the point. And I understand that is the premise, but I just feel like I’m wasting precious minutes of my life if it’s on. (Again, my husband loves this show and owns several seasons on DVD so it’s a case of opposites attract).
- Coffee. I don’t really like coffee-flavored items, but even worse for me is the feeling coffee gives me. It makes me feel jittery and hungover. Plus if you drink coffee, that taste just infiltrates your tongue for the rest of the day, no matter what you’re eating!
- Apple products. I know, the masses are against me! My brain doesn’t work that way. And I realize that I’m SUPPOSED to love Apple as 30-something who likes to do creative work. But give me a PC any day of the week. The only Apple product I have is an iPod and even there, I only use it for running.
- Sci Fi/Fantasy anything. I don’t like Star Trek, X-Men, Star Wars etc. I like things that can have a real interpretation – something that could potentially happen. I’ll stick with my romantic comedy, adventure, crime/drama flicks.
- Dark Chocolate. I’m not sure if this is really an unpopular opinion because I think most of the world prefers milk chocolate. But I’ve had a few friends who say they prefer dark chocolate items and dark chocolate tastes too bitter. Milk chocolate for life!
What about your unpopular opinions? Anything that the world loves and you can’t stand?