I don’t say it enough but I am so thankful for you. I know I’m so lucky to be matched with you. In the day-to-day grind of life, it’s easy to let the little things slip through the cracks without showing a bit of gratitude. So for Valentines Day I want to appreciate some of the small things:
- Your ability to be late. I know, it’s always because of me. I always try to cram “just one more thing” in, which makes us even later. Thank you for adjusting to my crazy and going with the flow.
- For control of the remote at bedtime. I know how much you love tv, but I love how you let me choose the show most nights. (This is probably because you know you’ll be lights out 10 minutes after your head hits the pillow, but I’m going to keep thinking it’s because you love me.)
- The way you make our kids feel. You don’t know how many times during my tuck in’s the the boys say that the highlight of their day was related to you playing with them or spending time with them. You make them feel so special, so often.
- For all the Relationship Inventories and Cozi Lists. I know that I’m a little crazy when it comes to these things. I know I like to talk about plans and to do lists and you don’t. But you do it for me.
- For letting me pursue my goals. You’ve never once said my goals were out of reach or I was spending too much time working on them, you just give me the room and space to make sure I have some time to focus on things that are important to me. I probably don’t reciprocate enough in this area and I really appreciate how much support I have from you.
While I know you’re much more likely to quote a “romantic” line from Wedding Crashers than The Notebook, I appreciate the uncommon, “romantic” ways you make me feel so loved.
Happy Valentines to my P!